Latest Update: 30 August 2019 1:35 PM EDT
Hurricane Dorian is about to hit Florida this Monday as a Category 4 storm.
According to CNN, “it’s going to impact the entirety of Florida”.
There’s no time to waste.
Prepare your family and home for the coming storm.
I’ve made the checklist for you with some of the most important items you should stock on before the hurricane.
You should prepare your food and water supplies for at least 72 hours.
The same applies to other items in your basic emergency supply set.
These are some of the most important things you should prepare:
- Good quality flashlight (with extra batteries)
- First aid kit
- Weather alert radio
- Minimum 3 day supply of food
- Drinking water – at least 1 gallon per person for 3 days
- Wrench and pliers
- Can opener
- Garbage bags
- Cell phone
- Portable cell phone charger
- Portable laptop charger
These things will help you and your family better prepare for the storm:
- Portable generator for charging your most important electrical equipment
- Fuel supply for the generator (gas for all gens, gas & propane for dual fuel units)
- Generator shelter
- Reverse Osmosis Water filter
- Sump pump
- Fire extinguisher
- Copies of important documents kept in a solid waterproof container
- The extra stock of your prescription and non-prescription medicines