So you’ve decided to purchase a portable generator and you’re now wondering how to protect it from bad weather and minimize the noise it produces. The best solution is to purchase a portable generator enclosure. Now, there is a variety of enclosures to choose from on the market. How to find the right one?
What to Look for When Buying the Best Portable Generator Enclosure
When purchasing a portable generator enclosure, there are a couple of things that you should look into in order to get your money’s worth and thus make a wise purchase:
- Look for a weatherproof enclosure so that your generator can be protected no matter what the weather is.
- Before placing an order, make sure that the portable enclosure is a bit bigger than the generator. The bigger it is, the better it will be, as you have to make sure that there’s sufficient space for it to go in and out without any struggles.
- Steel reinforced concrete pad for better security
- Attain one that is lockable, especially if you have children, as you don’t want them to mess with it.
- Large ventilation openings to exhaust heat and dissipate engine
- Vents that are equipped with hoods to keep out most insects, rodents, birds, and rain
- Large front top cover lift-up and door for easy access to the generator
- Wire cage fan guard to reduce the possibilities of personal injury caused by moving fan blades
- Make sure that it is suitable for propane fuelled gen-sets, natural gas, diesel, or air-cooled gasoline (your preference).
- The enclosure should be made from non-flammable aluminum that won’t rust
- Hot temperature cut-out
As you can conclude, a portable generator enclosure can really come in handy. Make sure that you take the previously mentioned tips into consideration when purchasing one, as it can save you from hassles in the long run.