In this day and age, it’s not a secret that having a standby generator can make a meaningful difference in one’s life. Ever since they were presented on the market, they have been selling like hotcakes. There are portable and stationary generators. Which one is the best bet depends on what you need it for. If it is simply to run essential appliances like a refrigerator, oven, stove and lights for a short period of time, a portable generator may be the ideal solution. The right portable generator is the one which caters not only small households but also medium scale outdoor uses. Fixed generators tend to hook lines of natural gas or fuel and are connected directly to the electrical system of your home. These giant units generate several thousand kilowatts of power for nearly endless amounts of time and can be applied in a variety of settings.
Portable Generator Enclosures Have Become a Necessity
If you decide to stick to portable generators, it would be a good idea to purchase a portable generator enclosure. This will ensure that you will not suffer any tiresome feeling due to shovelling out a path so that you can roll out your generator and plug it in during a mid-winter power outage. Now, there is a variety of enclosures to choose from on the market. There are a lot of individuals who often opt to make their own utilizing information that they find online, but if you don’t want to encounter any issues, then you should purchase one, as the ones on the market were manufactured by knowledgeable companies that look into every aspect and guarantee the best portable generator enclosure quality.
What to Look for When Buying the Best Portable Generator Enclosure
When purchasing a portable generator enclosure, there are a couple of things that you should look into in order to get your money’s worth and thus make a wise purchase:
- Look for a weather proof enclosure so that your generator can be protected no matter what the weather is.
- Before placing an order, make sure that the portable enclosure is a bit bigger than the generator. The more bigger it is, the better it will be, as you have to make sure that there’s sufficient space for it to go in and out without any struggles.
- Steel reinforced concrete pad for better security
- Attain one that is lockable, especially if you have children, as you don’t want them to mess with it.
- Large ventilation openings to exhaust heat and dissipate engine
- Vents that are equipped with hoods or louvres to keep out most insects, rodents, birds, and rain
- Large front top cover lift-up and door for easy access to generator
- Wire cage fan guard to reduce the possibilities of personal injury caused by moving fan blades
- Universal flex pipe and exhaust adaptor
- Make sure that it is suitable for propane fuelled gen-sets, natural gas, diesel, or air-cooled gasoline (your preference).
- The enclosure should be made from non-flammable aluminium that won’t rust
- Hot temperature cut-out
- Read customer reviews on the portable generator enclosure that has caught your eye
As you can conclude, a portable generator enclosure can really come in handy. Make sure that you take the previously mentioned tips into consideration when purchasing one, as it can save you from hassles in the long run.