Duromax XP4850EH Dual Fuel (Propane/Gas) Portable Generator – Our Review
Fuel is a key concern when it comes to talking about machinery. The cost and availability of fuel are the major parameters to watch. To end this dilemma for many of us, we are introducing DUROMAX XP4850EH generator, a hybrid king that allows you to use both propane and gas. This dual feature gives you the ability not to just choose but also to extend the service of the generator just in case one fuel runs out.
This generator is the perfect choice for campers and outdoor activities. It is still convenient enough for small house holders whose power requirements are not extremely high. Its environmental friendliness is a key indicator of its high efficiency. This led to its certification for use even in national and game parks.
Its hardy structure and nature ensures usage for a long period without requiring heavy maintenance. This will save you a good deal of money in the long run. We recommend this generator dues to its agility and strength, unique design and high ergonomics and safety considerations.
If you are looking for generator that will give you optimum variety and efficiency then you are stuck with DUROMAX XP4850EH generator.
Features of the DuroMax XP4850EH Portable Generator
- This hardy generator comes with a 210cc 7 hp four stroke air cooled engine. These is an amazing engine just made for you. This is a high amount of power to execute virtually all household and outdoor camping activities such as lighting.
- This generator also comes with an electric starter giving you convenience over the manual starters. This is particularly helpful for outdoor activities
- It also comes in with handy casing made of high strength tubes for structural reinforcing as well as protection from external forces of the environment.
- The generator has other features you will like for example a silencer to reduce the noise levels, a voltmeter to give you a visual of the output. It also has a power output panel with various ports for various sockets and outputs
What we like
- Bi fuel capability – the ability to use both propane and gas is a feature we like the most about this generator. It gives you options on what fuel to use and also mix the two depending on the situation. This is highly convenient regardless of the situation.
- Fuel efficiency and economy – we like one cool feature of this generator that it conserves and uses little fuel and will give you value for your money in terms of fuel conversion. It can run non-stop without much variation in the output.
- Power output – we take particular liking for the high power created by Duromax generator. The 7HP is high enough to run most activities.
- Power output and control panel – what is more likeable than a machine that gives you an interface. We chose a power panel that gives you a variety of ports to tap power from directly from the machine. You will find this feature really handy when you go out for camping and you didn’t carry extension cables.
- Long running hours – this generator can run up to 28 hours, 20 hours on propane and 8 on gas at 50% load. This is an incredibly huge amount of time giving you elasticity of programs and confidence in the generator.
What we don’t like
- On heavy loading the machine just turns really noisy and has to be kept away from settlement. This might cost you on cables. Noise is particularly irritating and we found it a bit hard to tolerate the levels at full loading.
- The dual fuel systems have the disadvantage of being costly compared to other generators of the same power output. This initial cost may be discouraging at the comparison with other generators.
The DUROMAX XP4850EH generator is a great piece of machinery that every home user should want to have. It is highly flexible giving you a long time of service and little maintenance required. The bi fuel nature is the best advantage of these times giving power to choose between the fuel you find cheaper or more available. You will surely like the DUROMAX XP4850EH generator.
What clearly makes this generator stand out from the majority of portable generators is its hybrid construction, allowing you to choose between two types of fuel – propane and gas. While this is not the only generator of its kind on the market, Duromax XP4850 outperforms its competitors in terms of design and reliability.