Duromax XP10000E 10000 watt generator is a powerful generator that you can safely use on construction sites or as an emergency home supply. With its 10000 starting and 8000 running watts, it provides enough power for most of the applications.
For example, you can set up a complete home backup supply without having to invest in the installation of a standby generator. Those who live in the disaster-prone areas (eg. residents of Florida) will surely want to consider this model.
You can also power multiple large construction tools using this generator such as air compressors, circular saws, welders and drills.
Features of DuroMax XP10000E 10000 Watt Generator
- Duromax XP10000E comes equipped with a 9-gallon fuel tank. The generator can run for up to 8 hours at 50% load.
- The generator surges at 10,000 watts making it suitable for large scale use. It provides 8,000 running watts of power which is a very decent amount and would be enough to power crucial home appliances in an emergency.
- Duromax created a low oil shutoff switch which prevents the generator from running after it has used too much oil. The generator will simply stop itself from running if there is not enough oil in the tank, making maintenance a bit less gruesome.
- You can choose between the electric and manual start. While in most circumstances you are definitely going to use the electric start, the manual recoil is a good backup option.
- The 16 HP 440cc OHV engine is one of the strongest Duromax has got on offer. It is also one of the largest engines you can find in the portable generators being sold in the US.
- The steel frame on the Duromax XP10000E 10000 watt generator is quite good at protecting it from external threats. It does a good job preventing damage caused by rain or wind. What’s also important is that the generator is easy to clean. You can simply remove the dirt with a damp cloth
What I like
- The Duromax XP10000E is a durable piece of equipment that will help you power all your major equipment. The XP10000E is strong enough to run your whole home in the midst of a storm. At the same time, you can move it from one place to another without major hassle, which is definitely not the case with standby generators.
- The large fuel tank is going to keep the generator going for most of your waking hours. You can, of course, refill the tank at any time to keep it going. I also admire the fact that it is easy to clean in case it has been through some bad weather.
- I like the fact that the Duromax XP10000E can run continuously for long periods of time even at higher load. Combine it with huge wattage and you’re gonna end up with one of the most powerful and trusted generators on the market.
What I don’t like
- The Duromax XP10000E is a bulky unit that may not be the best fits for those who want to often move it between different places. Generators of this size can become cumbersome. However, this is the only real issue you will discover with this unit.
- Ultra heavy duty generators are not cheap, and Duromax XP10000E is not an exception. Having said that, it generally sells for cheaper than most of the competitors in its range.
The Duromax XP10000E is a sturdy unit that will provide you with the power you need to simultaneously run several large electric tools or keep the house operating in case of power loss. Refilling and maintenance are quite easy, and it shuts down at the first hint of trouble.
Overall, it’s a very versatile generator, highly recommended for those who need a lot of wattage. On the other hand, if you are looking for a smaller and more portable generator eg. for camping – XP10000E is gonna be way too big. Check out XP4400E instead.
With its large fuel tank, high voltage and solid design, Duromax XP10000E is likely to be the best portable generator in the 5000 – 10000 watt range. It is ideal for those who need a generator to support the medium scale outdoor events. On top of that it performs very well in a variety of other settings, including the home use.
- Strong enough to power the whole home
- Large fuel capacity
- Powerful engine
- Sturdy steel frame
- Bulky and heavy