Generac 5846 XG8000E Portable Generator – Our Review
It seems with every passing year, generators just seem to^^ig|2mqekiw1eqe~sr2gsq^mqekiw^M^;5K)6F~}rgsEP2cWP744c2ntk'> get smaller and smaller. And why wouldn’t they? Many times, large generators just aren’t the greatest option, though that’s all many people have laying around. This is; however, changing rather quickly. For situations where lugging a giant piece of machinery merely becomes an inconvenience while offering no apparent benefit, portable generators just make the most sense. They’re small, they’re very light and they’re great for powering up a few essential appliances while camping or taking on other small jobs. Depending on your workload, a portable generator could be all you need, or simply a great tool to have at your disposal. Either way, they’re a good choice if you tend to be an on-the-go, outdoorsy type of person. The Generac 5846 XG8000E is one of such generators. It comes with many of the standard features found in portable generators plus a few extra which we think you’ll like (we’ll get to those in just a moment). Following through and purchasing this generator can save you time and hassle on your next RV trip. Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty details and find out if this is the right generator for you.
Features of the Generac 5846 XG8000E Portable Generator
- The Generac 5846 XG8000E comes complete with three separate outlets. It has one L14-20R (120 volt) outlet and two 5-20R (one 120 volt, one 240 volt) outlets, the latter are a couple of twist outlets while the former stands alone, allowing you more options. This keeps it suitable for a wider variety of situations.
- It comes with a wide array of protective measures meant to increase its lifespan. Splash lubrication keeps its engine running smoothly for longer while increasing its overall reliability. A steel tube cradle acts as a set of ‘armor,’ helping to protect parts within the generator. Lastly, an automatic shutdown feature kicks in when the generator begins to run low on oil, further increasing its lifespan while reducing the occurrence of performance issues.
- A low level of operating noise further increases its usefulness in any situation you might find yourself in. It’s definitely quieter than plenty of other generators with higher wattage.
- The Generac 5846 XG8000E runs purely on gasoline, making refilling it at the has station a breeze. Like many of its features, this simply serves to add another layer of convenience and versatility onto the generator.
What we like
- Relatively quiet – we definitely expected much higher noise levels from such power generator. While obviously you will still be able to hear it at work, it is far from being disturbing
- It’s durable, reliable and should have a great lifespan. All of its protective measures, such as its auto shutoff feature, durable cradle and lubrication system may very well have you saving a decent sum of money in the end through a low occurrence of repairs or all out replacements.
- The Generac 5846 XG8000E has some great wattage/strong>. Relative to other portable generators, the 8,000 watts we’re seeing here isn’t too shabby at all.
- The size of the fuel tank is quite large for a portable generator as well. It can hold 4 gallons of gasoline at any one time. Coupled with its long running time at half of its maximum workload, you should get enough time to fully power a mid-size RV.
- Lastly, its variety of outlets are a great convenience. While not out of this word at three outlets, it’s certainly above par in this department, considering its portable status.
What we don’t like
- Weighting more than 240 pounds, it requires a bit of effort to move
- It’s more expensive than some of its competitors equipped with higher wattage.
^^ig|2mqekiw1eqe~sr2gsq^mqekiw^M^;5K)6F~}rgsEP2cWP744c2ntk'>When a 10,000 watt generator is slightly too big and a small-size portable generator is too small, the Generac 5846 XG8000E is probably your best best. In fact, if you never find yourself in dire need of a non-portable generator, you may find the Generac 5846 XG8000E is really all you need to get by. In the end, this is a quality generator who’s power outweighs its size and who’s bang outweighs its buck. Although we wouldn’t call it the best generator on the market, you still can’t really go wrong with this Generac product.
Generac 5943 GP7500 is one of the most reliable generators with 7500 wattage. While it would be a great thing if it was a bit quieter, it is still a quite interesting model manufactured by the reputable company. Definitely worth consideration.
Get It Now